Bike in NW Argentina
Coloured Mountains And High Vineyards
Take the slow road on a trip where the landscapes change every day, bike from jungle to red desert and on salt flats, at your own pace and with every detail taken care of. Bike through the wine regions of NW Argentina, set in the Andes’ stunning landscapes. Bike through the Quebrada de Humahuaca with its history rooted closer to Peru’s cities of Arequipa and Lima than to Buenos Aires. Sumptuous meals hosted by Argentines who will invite you into their home. Culture, biking, landscapes, great roads, a trip for foodies and wine lovers. It is all about discovery, learning and fun. Combining the must see highlights with off the beaten track original experiences.
- Cycle per day: 45 km to 60 km
- Minimum and maximum altitude for rides: 900 mt /2,970 ft and 4,170 mt/13,760ft.
- All rides are mostly flat or rolling terrain. Some down hills.
- All paved roads with some hard gravel
- Learn about wines, blending and pairing
- Do not be a spectator, but get involved: cook, ride, learn, blend.
- A gaucho will share the secret to making an asado with Argentine beef
What’s Included: Accommodation at posadas and estancias; all transfers; hybrid bikes & helmets (you are welcome to bring yours); all lunches and five dinners; wine tastings; all organized activities; snacks and beverages when cycling; support vehicle; baggage transport; bilingual guides.
Add ons: Iguassu falls and jungle | Wine regions in Mendoza |Patagonia glaciers |Buenos Aires Active Foodie Experience
Valle Calchaquí – Cafayate vineyards and bodegas - Wine tastings – Argentine asado – Pairing local food with local wines - The Andes – Red mountains - Ride by vineyards - Colonial wineries - Learn what makes altitude wines unique - Mountains with seven colours - Cloud forest roads - Ride by gauchos – Guitars – Cooking lessons - a cheese factory